You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Passionate

I love reading my textbooks. There. I admitted it. What does this make me? "A nerd." you say.  Well, yes. But I prefer to think of myself as passionate.

Passion seems to have made a second appearance in my life. My work and classes are exciting to me. My friendships are fulfilling. My discussions surrounding religion and politics can become heated, but in a good way. My children and their development continue to surprise and amaze me.

So, I will gladly accept the label of "nerd" as long as I'm allowed to add the adjective "passionate" in front of it. Because, at this point in my life, that is the adjective that best describes me and my experiences.

“If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of potential -- for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints; possibility never.”



                                      ~Soren Kierkegaard

No comments: