You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Monday, September 12, 2011

Wait

I never pray to God for patience. Mainly because I know He would give me trials to overcome in order to gain said patience. So, now, I'm calling "FOUL," as my patience is being tested without my consent.

It seems, just from my unscientific observations, that I've been given a lot to be patient about right now--the same stuff I've been asked to be patient about time and time again-- and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I mean, come on! I'm not Job! (Thank goodness since I have always thought Job got a raw deal.) So, why, exactly am I being asked to be patient AGAIN?

At this point in my life, I've pretty much given up on immediate gratification. But, being asked to wait for something over and over and over and over again is getting a bit old. I'M getting a bit old, and I need more than just the same old "tomorrow" promises.

I want the here and now. I don't expect perfection, but, dadgumit, I do expect immediacy! I'm over the "wait."

I can imagine few things more trying to the patience than the long wasted days of waiting.



                                      ~Robert Falcon Scott

No comments: