You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tick Tock Goes the Clock

I swear, some days I feel like the clock is set to fast forward. I celebrate on New Year's Day, go to bed, and wake up the next day in June.

I guess part of this feeling of lost time comes from not having a spare weekend for the last five weekends in a row. Not that the weekends were filled with root canals and SAT exams. They were just filled with no time to get the "normal" stuff done like laundry and housework and just lounging for a few minutes.

This past weekend was all about my little girl turning 8. We had a birthday party at my mom and dad's house with family and family friends. It was a great party with the kids playing blocks and chasing each other and the adults laughing and talking. But, wow!, afterwards I was tired.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this weekend will be free. Nothing to do but housework and laundry and maybe, just maybe, a little lounging.

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say hello or goodbye! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!

          ~ The Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland

No comments: