You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Murphy, I SO Don't Need You Now

Ah, Murphy. I thought I had escaped your notice, but I was wrong. Maybe it was my arrogant lack of concern for you recently. Maybe it was my distracted demeanor. For whatever reason, you obviously felt the need to make your presence known.

On the day both of my babies start new schools; on the day that one decides to ride the bus instead of having momma walk her in; on the day that the long dreaded middle school years start, this is the day that you would visit my trusty ol' Honda.

Now, granted my CRV has 225,000+ miles on it. Granted I'm not a mechanic and don't have a clue on how to do all the little mechanic tricks to take care of a car's engine. But, may I ask why exactly you felt the need to mess with my coils, my cylinders, my plugs (OH MY!)? Would it not have been enough for you just to have had one of my tires get low or have my battery need replacing? Did we really have to go into the $400+ range in repairs?

I really don't think so, Murphy. I do believe this is what is called "overkill," and I hope you are thoroughly ashamed of yourself!

~ If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.

No comments: