You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Acting

I've been told I'm a good actress. Not the on-stage or t.v. variety, but in the day-to-day life situations. 

I'm not sure if I would call it acting. I'm just good at emphasizing that part of me that is needed for that day or in that moment. If it's the counselor with (hopefully) words of wisdom, I've got it covered. If it's the momma that needs to love or discipline, I'm there. If it's the strong woman who needs to be positive in the face of hardship, I'm good to go.

The problem is, sometimes I have trouble knowing what part of me I need for myself.  So, I'm trying to figure that out as I continue acting out my life.

“So show a little inspiration/ show a little spark/ show the world a little act when you show it your heart/ we've got two lives--one we're given,/ and the other one we make/ and the world won't stop/ and actions speak louder/ listen to your heart.”



                         Performed by Mary-Chapin Carpenter

No comments: