You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stuck in My Head

There are days when I will have a phrase, a song, a cheer (compliments of my daughter), or a verse stuck in my head.  Usually I can pinpoint why I became fixated on that one particular whatever fairly easily. 

A confused little kid used some big man talk, declaring, "I got this!" For the rest of the day, I catch myself using the same tough-talk vernacular (to the amusement of friends and family.)

A Taylor Swift song comes on the radio, and, DANG, I'm humming "Should've Said No" while cooking dinner.

My daughter has cheerleading practice, and all of a sudden all I can think of is, "How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken? How loose is your goose? How loose is your goose? Now come on all you Patriot fans and shake your caboose!" (It's really bad when I start DOING the cheer.)

As far as verses go, usually they are tied directly to an event or a person whom I've worked with that day. The verse is something that helps me to help them (or helps me to help me to be perfectly honest.)

There are days, though, that something pops in my mind and won't go away, and I can't figure out why. Today it was the Apostle's Creed. I just kept reciting it over and over in my head. It made me feel better as today was a little hard for me.

So, I've decided the Apostle's Creed was officially stuck in my head by God. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't think so, though.


I believe in God the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord:
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,[26]
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

No comments: