You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Friday, September 3, 2010

MOMMA

My son has been having a hard time of it lately, so, so have I. He is currently suffering through a nasty combo of a growth spirt, hormones, and not enough sleep. His attitude cannot be described as upbeat right now. Just slightly worse than Napolean's at Waterloo would probably be a more accurate description.

Right now the world revolves around him (in his eyes), and, as such, I am to revolve around his whims.  Having tried to rationalize, explain, reason, and otherwise use all appropriate tools that a counselor is trained to use, I went full-blown MOMMA mode. (Mean Ol' Momma Modulates Attitude)

MOMMA has now confiscated his t.v. from his bedroom for one year.  I was told this was way too harsh, to which I responded in true MOMMA form, "TOUGH!"

MOMMA has also confiscated the computer for three months. (The twit is allowed to earn his computer back with significant improvement of his attitude.)

As I dropped my son off this morning at school, I told him I loved him very much. I received the response that "obviously not" since MOMMA had taken away all of his stuff emphasized with a sound slamming of the car door.

I know eventually my son will recognize that MOMMA was doing what was needed to help him become the man I know he will be. But in that moment, being MOMMA sucked!


Wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience.
                                                                            Thomas Haliburton

No comments: