You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Monday, September 20, 2010

Boy Crazy

When I was younger, I was boy crazy.  Okay, maybe "was" is a mistatement. I'll admit it--I'm still boy crazy.  Of course, I don't use that term. I feel I appreciate beauty in the male form. And, of course, I find the energy from a male person to be energizing.

Yeah. I'm boy crazy.

The difference between when I was younger and now is that I no longer equate the attraction I feel for a man with love. Attraction is a spark, a possibility, a maybe. Love is a promise, a hope, a forever.

No relationship will last forever in it's original form. It may evolve into something completely different than what it was in the beginning. Or, it may completely dissolve. But the love behind that relationship will always remain, even if it's only a shadow of what it once was.

So, I'm boy crazy. But, as far as love goes, I'm completely sane.

“Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever.”

                                                     June Masters Bacher

No comments: