You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Friday, September 17, 2010

Not Knowing

I hate not knowing. HATE IT! I need to know what's going on, not to be nosey, but to be able to plan and help and support--okay, and sometimes to be nosey. But, for the most part, I just need to know so I can feel safe.

Most of the time, I'm afforded this luxury. Something may change at the last minute, or I might be disappointed with a decision, but as long as I have an idea of which direction I'm heading in, I'm good.

Sometimes, though, the rug is pulled out from under me.  It hurts, and its scary. I hate every second of it. And, for the longest time, I wanted someone that would protect me from those scary times.

I've learned, though, that you can't avoid those times, no matter how diligently you try to know all that you need to know. I've also learned it's not fair to ask someone to take on the job of "Protector Against All Unknowns". It's a job that everyone would fail.

So, I pray. I pray that God will provide me the strength to get through the dark, scary times, all by myself if need be. I pray that I learn from the struggles I go through and that I can help others with what I learn. I pray that I make it through the hard times with grace and laughter and hope.

Let it be understood--I pray for you.
Every day.
I pray that God will bring you close to Him.
I pray for your health.
I pray for your protection.
I pray for your happiness.
And I pray you heed the words of the angel who guides you with love.

                                         ~  Unknown

No comments: