You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Motherboard's Dead

I grew up watching Sci-Fi movies and t.v. shows. It comes from having a Trekkie mom and being around for the debut of the first three Star War movies.

So, when I hear the word "motherboard," my mind goes to the deck of the Enterprise or the Death Star. When I hear the words, "You're motherboard's dead." while a young tech guy is holding up my phone, I really want to respond by asking if it suffered a Klingon attack.  I don't, feeling this might freak the young tech guy out, or worse, he might ask what a Klingon is.

Anyway, I received word yesterday that my iPhone was dead. Gone. Kaput. The exact statement from young tech guy was, "There are more things wrong than I have parts to fix." Wow. That's seriously bad. So I'm now going old school, using my son's flip phone that the dog has chewed on at some point in the process. I have yet to go into any serious  withdrawals, except for readjusting to texting without a keyboard. I'm sure once I receive my next phone bill without all the iPhone charges on it, adjusting will become a lot easier.

"The Star Trek computer doesn't seem that interesting. They ask it random questions, it thinks for a while. I think we can do better than that.”



                                             ~Larry Page

No comments: