You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy

I'm happy. Busy, but happy.

I'll start training again for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk (New York) pretty soon. It's an October walk, so I still have a little longer before the "gotta get going" kicks in. I'm excited about this adventure, although I'll be starting graduate school (hopefully) in the fall,so the "to do" list will be a little longer. I'm just looking at the training walks as good LONG stress release sessions. Also, my babies will both be starting new schools in the fall. Although they are both comfortable with this transition, I'm a bundle of nerves. Again, 20 mile training walks may be helpful in this area. (Laugh to yourself, please.)

So, there you go. I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off, forgetting if I'm coming or going, and I'm happier than I've been in a very long time.

Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place. But there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around.
                                           ~E.L. Konigsburg

No comments: