You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Friday, July 29, 2011

My Dishwasher--A Snapshot of My Life

So, I've come to understand something about myself. If you look at my dishwasher at my dirty dishes, you can usually figure out what's going on in my life at any point in time.

For instance, right now, my dishwasher is full of coffee cups. Not a few. A LOT! What this means is that my life remains busy with me staying up late and getting up early in order to keep up.

There have been times when my dishwasher has been mostly pots and pans and mixing bowls. Usually this means I'm in the homebody, entertaining mood. I'm wanting to make suppers in which Martha Stewart would take pride.

Now, if my dishwasher is full of dirty plates, forks and glasses, this means that all is normal in my little domestic world. Kids are running, mom is running and the dishwasher wasn't turned on as planned.

My life reflected in my dishwasher. I'm just not sure what to make of that one.

"Want to load the dishwasher?... I'd be thrilled."

                           ~Lines from the Big Chill

No comments: