You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Love Boat

I'll be going on a cruise with my parents and kids this summer. I'm pretty excited about the adventure. Some of my more evil-minded friends have suggested this excitement stems from thoughts of romance blooming in "The Love Boat" style.

Now, if asked if this is truly my desire, my short answer is "NO!" My long answer is "HELL NO!" To be perfectly honest, I'm just not interested in "being in love" right now.

Right now, I'm too scared of making more mistakes. Right now, I'm too scared of taking too much attention away from my kids. Right now, I'm too scared that another hurt may cause me to break.

So, for now, a cruise ship will just be a cruise ship. No romance, Prince Charmings, or swelling musical scores desired.

Falling for someone the first time is easy...
it's the second time around,
after you have fallen and trusted someone
to catch you and they didn't...
when it becomes difficult to let yourself fall again.

No comments: