You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Night at Sea, A Day at Sea and Costa Maya

Well, as promised, more details from the cruise.

The first night we began our sail down the Mississippi River into the Gulf of Mexico. The kids enjoyed playing in a swimming pool complete with a crocodile water fountain and two--not one, but two--water slides. 
Water Slide Fun

I enjoyed a nap. My parents enjoyed watching the kids. All were happy. The only victim of sea sickness that first night was my little girl. Nana's handy-dandy med bag came to the rescue, though, and the following day all were good as new.


Fun in the Sun

The next day at sea had the kids and I playing a few rousing games of BINGO along with more swimming. (I did a little laying out so I'd actually look as if I had been on a cruise.) Another nap was taken (by me), and a large quantity of food was consumed. On this night, the second victim of sea sickness--my son--was taken. Again, Nana to the rescue.

The first land day was Costa Maya, Mexico, where we spent the day touring Mayan ruins and eating with a local family. We even made our own tortillas. Not well, but we made them. And the food made by the family was delicious! My baby girl became a bit grumpy during the day, but since the temperature reached 537 degrees, the grouchiness was a little understandable.

 
Beautiful Beach


Mayan Pyramid


Tortilla Expert
“The rainy days a man saves for usually seem to arrive during his vacation.”


No comments: