You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Monday, May 16, 2011

Toilet Repairs, Fence Building and Bathing Suit Shopping

May I just say that, for a day off, it didn't feel much like a day off.

First, I headed to a chiropractor appointment followed by the much dreaded bathing suit shopping. Now, normally I would take more time to consider the selections, price compare, etc, etc, etc. Since I have an upcoming trip very soon (and my mom is having panic attacks over my lack of packing to date), I chose to cough up more money than I normally do and purchased a bathing suit today without any bargain shopping. I think I started to hyperventilate a little, but I was able to get out of the department store without attracting too much attention.

Next, I came home to a fence being built. Now, I wish I could say that the fence is completed, but it isn't. We (meaning the guys building the fence) are nearly done, though. Whoohoo! Soon the dogs will be relegated back to the yard where they are supposed to be!

Finally, I repaired my childrens' toilet. It had been out of commission for some time, but I finally got around to following the directions on the toilet replacement parts and actually USED said parts. Again, whoohoo! I have successfully repaired one refrigerator and one toilet. I would prefer not to have any other house problems pop up, but I'm becoming more confident that I can handle them if they do.


The fellow that owns his own home is always just coming out of a hardware store.



                                              ~Kin Hubbard

No comments: