You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Friday, December 10, 2010

Good Morning Sunshine!

There are days when I become nostalgic for parts of my childhood, especially during this time of the year. Memories of favorite t.v. shows, games and trips circle in my mind like a carousel; and some of these memories make it into my contemporary life.

For instance, I have always sung the song, "Good Morning Sunshine" to my kids in the morning. This was the intro to the Captain Kangaroo t.v. show on PBS, a favorite in my young days. The song is the only part of Captain Kangaroo my kids will ever know, though, as the show was long gone before they were even a glimmer in my eye.

It makes me wonder, what part of me will people remember when in a nostalgic mood and I'm long gone?  Who knows? All I do know is that I will strive always to be the best person I can be, and in this way, I hope to produce the best memories for those I love!

“Nostalgia: A device that removes the ruts and potholes from memory lane.”



                                                         ~Doug Larson

No comments: