You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Laughter Is the Best Medicine

I've caught the plague.

Okay, so maybe I'm being a wee bit melodramatic. I've caught the flu from my little girl. Although I love her sharing nature, in this case, I would have been fine if she kept it all to herself.

Now, I'm pretty good as a patient. Mainly because I spend A LOT of time on the phone with those I love. Anyone that I will call when I'm sick knows how to make me laugh and feel good even through muscle aches and chills. And I know that they love me when they will talk to me for hours on end just to cheer me up (in between naps and taking care of my baby, of course.)

Thank you for taking my mind off the ick!

“Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator; but among those whom I love, I can: all of them can make me laugh.”




                                                         ~W. H. Auden

No comments: