You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Thursday, December 9, 2010

A New Reality

So, I'm officially single again.

This wasn't how I planned out my life. Trust me. I was planning on rocking chairs on the front porch holding great-grands in my lap with my hard-of-hearing hubby. Those visions were my reality.

Now I'm adjusting to a new reality. Getting the kids up and going in the mornings with no backup. Juggling work, kids, church, home, more kids' stuff, etc., and trying to do so without losing my mind. And, more than likely, more work hours on my plate.  

What I see in my future is me continuing in counseling and hopefully furthering my career. I see my two children growing and becoming all that God wants them to be. I see myself spending more time with my parents and brother and his wife. I foresee rocking on the front porch loving on nieces and nephews, and, yes, eventually--WAY in the future--grands and great-grands. (I don't see a hubby there right now, but that's not to say there won't be one.)

Most importantly, I see myself happy, truly happy. Being alone or being with someone no longer determines that fact for me. That's my new reality.

“Pleasure may come from illusion, but happiness can come only of reality.”



                                                  ~Chamfort

No comments: