You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Friday, February 18, 2011

Dear Murphy

Dear Murphy,

I know you are a powerful entity--so powerful a law was named after you. And I'm sure you enjoy throwing your weight around, and it bothers you that your actions are often credited to fate or luck. But your frustrations towards others should not be taken out on me.

I made it through the week of "What the heck!" a few months ago, where it appeared that your goal was to make me either cry or hide in my bed. I made my way through that time laughing, because I chose not to give you the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

Then, just the other night, you chose to cause havoc in my kitchen, creating problems with not just one cake but TWO cakes which I needed to have completed for a baby shower. As such, I only had 1 1/2 hours of sleep that night.

Well, you didn't win Murphy. I made it through my day yesterday--a bit punchy--but I made it. And I slept soundly last night. So, may I just say, NANANANANOONOO!

Murphy, I'm done with you and  this abusive relationship of yours. You need to turn your attention to someone else (may I suggest Bin Laden or the idiot who poisoned the trees in Auburn, Alabama.) But, if you use your evil powers against me again, please note that I will yet again laugh and win.  Because fighting you is all about attitude, and you will NEVER beat mine!

“There is only three certainties in this life. The laws of physics, the laws of murphy and death.”

No comments: