You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Long Hard Day...

This post is dedicated to Robin, one of the hardest working--and best--social workers EVER!

 Well, Robin didn't get her four mile walk in today. I would say, "Shame on you." (okay, no I wouldn't), but for the fact that Robin had one of those days we all dread.

First, she was up and out at 8:00 a.m. to see a kid and to run work related errands. Then she had to complete a ridiculously long report, which, when going back into her computer to make a correction, was found to be MIA. Next she had to take a child to Anniston. This trip included travel delays due to road work and accidents, wrong turns and an anxious child.  She finally walked in her door after 8:00 p.m. 

You would think that she would take the morning off, but, no, she will need to see another child--an ADHD child--at 8:30.

So, I figure that Robin has worked hard enough today that she earns a pass for the four miles. A pass and a recognition of how fantastic she truly is at what she does!

"I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time." ~Charles Schultz



"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now, I am so far behind I will never die." ~Anonymous

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thanks Christie! I was tearing up until I read that second quote :) You are an awesome co-worker! And give yourself credit, you had a pretty hellacious day yourself and didn't get hit on by my Applebee's man to make it better!