You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'll be honest with you. I really wasn't sure how I'd handle today. The day for flowers and candy and lovers and me with none-of-the-above.

Up until I went to bed last night, I felt okay, and I was fairly confident I wouldn't be an emotional basket case. And that turned out to be true. I won't say I didn't have moments where I felt the twinge of something missing (something akin to an arm.) And, some of the bouquets I saw in my travels today may have caused me to be a wee bit envious.

But, what I kept reminding myself when I felt some of those not-so- pleasant feelings was that, 1) Valentine's Day is about love, and I have plenty of people in my life I love and who love me; and 2) I would much rather go through a 100 Valentine's Days without a romantic interest than to ever settle for being first in someones life for one day only and then placed last the remaining 364.

So, I wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day, and I hope each of you have found the love in your life for today and all the days to follow.

“Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”



                                ~ Robert Heinlein

No comments: