You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Loving the Job: God May Have a Sense of Humor

Well, anyone that argues that God does not have a sense of humor has never experienced a couple of days like I've had.

As I documented last night, I had an unexpected problem regarding one of my work kiddos medication. This required me to travel to Bessemer, which is not a normal job related requirement for me.

Now, today, I had to make a last minute trip to the McWane Center. It's late, and it's a long story. The short version is that, through a cancellation of one appointment and no shows at a meeting, a third appointment for one of my kiddos was forgotten. So, in order for my kiddo to make her appointment, I needed to check her out of school and get her to Birmingham pronto.

Two lessons that I learned from this trip: 1) Always verify the address to which you are driving prior to leaving. Typing and re-typing the information into a Mapquest app while on the road with a nervous ADHD child is not an easy task; and 2) To a young lady from a small Alabama town, Birmingham looks like New York. (I smiled just a little bit on that one.)

Now, just to make it clear, if I end up having to go to Huntsville tomorrow unexpectedly, I will have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God has a sense of humor.

“There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God.”



                                                ~Bill Cosby

No comments: