You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Big Mistake

I made a few mistakes today. None of the life-threatening variety, but mistakes none-the-less.

First, I forgot to cut my toenails prior to my walk today. Now, this may sound like a trivial detail; but, please trust me, if you are planning to walk or run any distance at all, make sure you have short toenails.

Second, I had planned a walking route for today using a program by Google. I was able to determine exactly where we needed to walk to reach 14 miles--the goal for today. It was a fantastic plan, but, if you fail to print out or at least review your route prior to going for your walk, it's pretty much worthless. As such, going by memory, Robin and I were able to complete 12.6 miles instead of the 14 which we had planned.

Finally, I made my biggest mistake for the day. I came home, grabbed a snack and a hot shower, and then--and this is the mistake--put on my warm and fuzzy PJ's. Not a problem if I was ready to snuggle down into my bed. That wasn't the original plan for the night, though. Time for some coffee!

“Oh no! I should do something....but I am already in my pajamas. [Farnsworth]”

                                            ~ Futurama

No comments: