You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Loving the Job

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my job? My kiddos and my foster parents are the best, and my co-workers are without par. But one of the greatest parts of my job is sometimes one of the worst parts of my job. The "Well, I didn't see that one coming!" moments.

Today I had one of those moments. I received a call from a foster mom saying that she needed a new prescription for her kiddo for the drug Adderall. Now, this is a standard ADHD medication, so no big deal. The only problem was that the mom's local home town pharmacy was out of the needed drugs.  So, I offered to get the prescription and either have it filled at another local pharmacy or have it filled in Tuscaloosa and run it up to them. Simple.

Well, in case anyone is wondering, there is a two month back order for generic Adderall (the only version Alabama Medicaid will pay for.) After calling some of the standard drug stores, I started calling all the local CVS's, Walgreens', Rite Aids, etc. No luck. Finally I reached a Walgreens about 5 numbers down on the list that had both versions of the Adderall that I needed. It was in Bessemer. And so came the "Well, I didn't see that one coming!"

Long story short, I took a road trip to Bessemer today. Now, did I have other plans for the day. Yep. Did those plans get completely thrown under the bus. Yep. But I was able to get out of the office on a beautiful day AND was able to help out some of my parents. Sometimes those things that you don't see coming makes life the most interesting.

“The unexpected always happens”

                                ~Proverbs

No comments: