You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Good Laugh

I love Calvin and Hobbes. I always have. I even named one of my cats after them. (Calvin, not Hobbes. The one who gifted me the cat said Hobbes was too predictable.)

So, when I need a good laugh, I go to these two funny guys. Enjoy!

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning."



"If warped values are the price of a vicarious thrill, so be it!"



"Why should I have to WORK for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!"

"If you do the job badly enough, sometimes you don't get asked to do it again."


"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."



"Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!"



"Nothing spoils fun like finding out it builds character."

"Reality continues to ruin my life."



"Susie if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police you CANNOT trace us, you CANNOT find us. Sincerely, Calvin"


"I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification."



"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

"That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"


"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks."


"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."









No comments: