You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Mini Library

I love to read. This was one of the reasons I was an English major in college. Well, that and I wanted to avoid math as much as humanly possible.

So, imagine my happiness when I discovered the Kindle app for my iPhone. Imagine my even greater happiness when I discovered that one of the blogs I follow--The Frugal Girls--frequently posts when Amazon discounts various books for free. Yep. FREE!!!! (I love free.)

Beyond my love of the "free," I like the fact that I'm being exposed to books and authors I'm not familiar with, as I tend to get myself into reading ruts.  And, with my crazy life as crazy as it is, I tend to forget to do little things like return books to the library. I never have to return these books, simplifying my life tremendously.

So, as I said before, my Kindle app is bringing me great happiness. If you can, check it out. I'm willing to bet your own mini library will make you happy, too.

“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.”



                                     ~Jorge Luis Borges

No comments: