You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Smarter

I love to tell my kids, "It's okay to make mistakes, just as long as you learn from them."

So, when I make a mistake or suffer a loss, I try to figure out what exactly I should be learning from the situation. What questions does the situation raise? What changes will I make in the future? Should I make changes at all?

In most situations, this process takes little time, as many mistakes have a cut-and-dry mistake/ consequence sequence. I sped/ I received a ticket/ I shouldn't speed. I ate too much/ I gained weight/ I shouldn't be a glutton.

But what happens when everything isn't so cut-and-dry? What happens when you come up with all your questions, but the answers aren't so obvious? What then?

You ask more questions. You dig deeper and you think harder and you feel more. Because, if you don't, you will never learn.


“The only mistake in life is the lesson not learned.”
                                              ~Albert Einstein

No comments: