You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Friday, April 1, 2011

Letters

I've never been really good at the journaling thing. It has always seemed a bit redundant to write what I was thinking. But, I also know, from a counseling standpoint, how positive this activity can be.

So, instead of writing my thoughts down in a "Dear Diary" way, I write letters in my journal. Most are love letters to those in my life. Some are more along the lines of "When I get my hands on you..." letters. All reflect my feelings on that very day, and they chronicle what is occurring in my life at that time.

Now, as much as I love blogging, I'm not going to write my inner-most feelings or reveal any huge secrets on here. But, in my letters, I write down everything. Eventually, someone might see them. I doubt it, though. Some thoughts are just meant to be kept in unsent letters.

“You don't know a woman until you have a letter from her.”



                                        ~Ada Leverson

No comments: