You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Facebook Plea for Donations

The begging has begun:

My Goal



Well, I've gone and done it again. I've decided to set myself a goal, and I just had to make it "challenging."

My friend Robin and I will be walking in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in May. The first day we will walk a marathon, the second, a half marathon. We have been training for several weeks now, which has been a huge commitment at times. (It's amazing how long it takes to walk distances of 16 to 24 miles.) And, sometimes, it's been hard. (Blisters and aching muscles make for a poor night's sleep.) But, the commitment to train for this walk is nothing compared to the commitment of the family and friends who stand behind a breast cancer victim. And the aches and pains we have worked through are nothing compared to the pain a breast cancer patient must face daily.


I'll be walking in memory of Robin's aunt, Angela Sullivan Junkin, who lost her fight with cancer on August 26, 2008. I'm also walking in honor of Alex Lawson. Alex is the son of my friend, Kristy, and he has been engaging in his own fight to begin walking. (You can find more information about both of these amazing people on my blog at christiegranec.blogspot.com.)


Please join Robin and I in fighting this terrible disease by donating today. Your donation will provide funding in five key areas for those who need it most: medical research, access to treatment, screening and diagnosis, support services and education and awareness.


You can donate easily at avonwalk.org. Or, if you feel more comfortable donating by check, please feel free to contact me.


Thank you all in advance!


Christie

P.S. Follow our progress on my blog "The Christie Project" at christiegranec@blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Alot makes sense to me now why I'm being asked about this!

Best of luck in the walk!

Joanne
http://christieproject.blogspot.com/