You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Monday, March 28, 2011

Laughter Really Is the Best Medicine

There are days when I just feel blah. Today was one of those days.

Not completely well, the sky a light gray, having a schedule that wasn't quite working out, and not feeling that I was accomplishing as much as I wanted, it just wasn't turning out to be my kind of day. Now, the only bright spot in this gloomy day was listening to Robin's even gloomier day.

Before you think me an evil witch, let me explain. Robin is one of the funniest people I have ever met. Even when she is having a miserable day, she can describe it in a way where I'm rolling and crying with laughter. And, as I laugh, she begins laughing. And then, most of the time, we both end up laughing, talking, venting and laughing some more.

Tonight was just such a night. With both of us having somewhat icky days, supper at Applebee's sounded amazing! And, with good food and a great friend, it really was!


“The person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed.”



                                                     ~Bennett Cerf

“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.”



                                                     ~E. E. Cummings

No comments: