You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Monday, April 25, 2011

Stronger

I have a reputation for being "strong." I'm the one that people think can hold it together during a crisis, laughing as if it was all nothing more than an inconvenience.

The truth is, I'm a good actress. I've had moments when I was incredibly weak, feeling scared and alone and wanting to run away from the pain. Fortunately or unfortunately, when you obtain a scar--physical or emotional--there's no running away from it. You just have to live through the pain. And through living, you become stronger.

That's one reason why I love Sara Evans' song, "A Little Bit Stronger." It seems to capture so much of what I've felt (and, at times, still feel) in one song. 




“Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.”

                                           ~ Henry Rollins





No comments: