You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And Now the Rest of the Story...

(Thanks Robin for the title idea!)

Off I head to the probate judge's office in order to change my name to the name I've been using for forever. I enter the probate judge's office looking even more like a drowned cat. I explain to the nice lady what I needed to do. She asked for identification. I showed her the copy I had of my driver's license. Unfortunately, it still had an old address on it. BUT, I could walk to the Board of Registrar's office and get my voter registration as proof of identification.


Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to the Registrar's we go! In the rain. Without an umbrella. (By this time, I realized that I was attracting some concerned stares as I had begun giggling to myself.) The clerk at the registrar's office was very kind, and, THANK YOU GOD!, did not ask me for a picture id. I get my notorized copy of my voter registration and troup back to the probate judge's office.

Looking less like a drowned cat and more like death warmed over by this point, the very kind clerk starts laughing and trying to make me feel better. AH! Another positive thinker! By the end of the process where I officially became the person I thought I was for so very long, I was sopping wet and still driver license-less. But I'm only one step away from getting my license. I hope!

“I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.”



                                             ~Martha Washington

No comments: