You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Day

My job is stressful at times. It's the nature of the beast. This stress can lead to bad, unhappy days.  Today was NOT one of those days.

Today was one of the best days I have had as a mental health professional. Nothing extraordinary really. I was able to see two of my work kids explore a lab and ask questions about chemistry and physics from real live doctors in the above mentioned fields. And then, I was able to go and talk with a new foster mom whose desire to do for and love the child in her home made me want to cry.

How can you not have a great day when you are able to meet and work with such wonderful people?!

For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude.

No comments: