You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Week That Murphy's Law Ruled

If everyone will forgive me, I'm just going to hide at my house until the day is over. I'm a bit leery to do anything else.

As I've documented earlier in the week, it's been a bit crazy for me lately. This has included the Catch 22 of not being able to replace my driver's license and the wreck involving my pretty car. Yesterday continued the trend.  My schedule for the day required me to have a home visit after hours. This would not have been a problem since the kids were to stay with their daddy that night.

I should have known better. The day's discombobulation began when US Airlines decided to arbitrarily cancel my ex's flight out of Charlotte. This caused my ex to have to divert into Huntsville and arrive back home 6 hours later than he was scheduled.  Now, although mildly frustrating for me (and majorly frustrating for my ex), this was not a huge deal. My wonderful babysitter would be able to watch the kids a little late for me.

I then received the call from my other wonderful neighbor. My babysitter was sick with the stomach virus. No problem, though, because wonderful neighbor number two could watch my babies for me until I got home. Whooo! Crisis diverted!

Then I got around to telling my neighbor I would be a bit late. Problem. My neighbor's sister-in-law was coming into town and they had plans. So began my scramble to re-arrange the rest of my day. 

Now, here's the bright side to all of this: I didn't have to work late, and re-scheduling is several steps up from a wreck! HA!!! Found the silver lining! Just to be on the safe side, though, I'm still staying home today!

“All of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through the bad luck - who keeps right on going - is the man who is there when the good luck comes - and is ready to receive it.”



                                                       ~Robert Collier

No comments: