You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Monday, November 29, 2010

Thoughts...or Lack Thereof

I zone out when I walk, retreating into my head. Sometimes I might think about important issues, such as how to deal with a relationship or my next professional move. Most of the time, though, I daydream.
When I daydream, I'm escaping for a brief period of time from the stress of the day. The daydream itself isn't necessarily important. I've daydreamed about confronting a rival and saying everything I want to say (and winning the argument, of course.) I've also daydreamed about romantic encounters with sexy, intelligent men.  But, sometimes I vary my daydreams to include winning the Power Ball or beating up a punk with my super powers. Hey! there are no rules to daydreaming, so why limit myself?

Daydreaming is the mental break that I sometimes need from the planning and problem-solving I do daily. And, it has the added advantage of being a lot cheaper than therapy!

Wishing is good for us. Daydreams, fantasies, castles in the air, and aspirations all drive us forward, impel us to make things happen. They also tell us a lot about ourselves. Our wishes come straight from our core, and they are loaded with vital in

No comments: