You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Content

I'm sitting here watching one of my dogs sleep. She seems so peaceful...so content.

Contentment. It's a state that doesn't get enough props in life. You hear a lot about happiness. You hear tons about love. But contentment. Not so much.  Maybe because contentment has become synonymous with boredom. It seems that people feel, to accept contentment, you are "settling" for a less-than-full life.

For me, though, contentment is synonymous with faith. I have faith that, despite mistakes and missteps, God will continue to be there to support me through it all. I have faith in my love for my children and theirs for me. I have faith that, through any ups and downs, I will be able to be me.  None of this makes me bored...it makes me content.


“When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.”

“Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.”



                                     ~Buddha quotes

No comments: