You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Sunday, January 9, 2011

And Now I'm Tired

I am incredibly proud of myself. I completed one week of training in full, although it kicked my butt today!

Tuesday I walked four miles, as well as Thursday. On Saturday, Robin came over and we walked my neighborhood together. I have to say, that was a heck of a lot more fun than walking by myself!

And then, there was today. Eight miles. Over two hours of constant walking. UGH!!! I admit, I was fading by the six mile mark. Luckily, my baby girl came in and brought me a piece of brownie pizza. Since I burned 884 calories, I feel that a little brownie pizza was perfectly acceptable. (I'm so good at this rationalizing!)

Now, I'm going to attempt to remain warm during the winter weather storm that we are having right now. My car is safely parked in the garage where it will remain until I get the all clear, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no power outages. There's a National Championship to watch tomorrow night after all!

Goals are dreams with deadlines.
 ~Diana Scharf Hunt

No comments: