You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Strive for 65!

Looking at the training program for the Avon Breast Cancer walk, I realized that I will be walking a total of 62 miles the first three weeks of the training. Now, don't ask me why it bothers me that this number is rounded up or down, but it does. I would rather walk 60 miles or 65 miles. So, on the theory that more is better as far as exercise goes, I will be adding three extra miles during the first three weeks. At least I will try!

And, since I couldn't find any quotes I really liked having to do with walking for 65 miles, I'm just going to add some quotes I love from the Great Philosopher. The just seemed appropriate today.

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.



                                             ~Winnie the Pooh
                                                                         Winnie the Pooh, Disney Pictures
 
Pooh, promise me you won't forget about me, ever. Not even when I am a hundred."

Pooh thought for a little.
"How old shall I be then?"
"Ninety-nine."
Pooh nodded. "I promise," he said.


                                           ~Winnie the Pooh
                                                                                             The House at Pooh Corner

No comments: