You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Thursday, January 13, 2011

A "Dumb" Blond

One of my absolute favorite movies of all time is Some Like It Hot starring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon.

A predecessor to such movies as Tootsie and Mrs. Doubtfire, the story revolves around two musicians who have to flee Chicago with the mob on their tails after witnessing the Valentine Massacre. The fun starts when one of the guys (Curtis) decides the very best hiding place would be an all-girls band. All goes well for awhile, until Curtis's character falls for Monroe's. All sorts of insane and improbable shenanigans ensue.

The movie itself is just fun to watch. But I really enjoy Monroe in it. She was a very talented actor who became a sex symbol, a "thing," and, as such, never truly received her due while she was alive.

She also had some pretty magnificent quotes that I REALLY like. So, with no further ado, I give you the first of several quotes from "the dumb blond."

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

No comments: