You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Distractions

Distractions are funny things. Sometimes they can be bad. For instance, when your child "got distracted" going to the bathroom to brush his or her teeth, so teeth aren't brushed. Or when you are distracted from completing a list, and, when you go back to complete the list, you can't remember what you need to write.

At other time, distractions can be very, very good.  You hear this a lot when someone has suffered a loss of some kind. To give yourself time to heal and move past the pain, you distract yourself with a hobby or with a work project or with focusing on someone else.

So, being an overachiever in distractions, I've decided to do all three of the above. Now, if I get to the point where I forget to brush my teeth,  I'll start decreasing the amount of running I do. Until that time, though, distractions are my friends!

“You can always find a distraction if you're looking for one.”



                                             ~Tom Kite

No comments: