You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Saturday, October 30, 2010

Climbing Through Windows

"When God closes a door, He always opens a window."

I'm happy.

Yep, that's it. That's just the simple fact. I'm happy.

Does that mean everything is perfect in my life? Nope. Is my life struggle free? Nope. Do I feel down sometimes? Yep.  But, even during the times when I'm down, I realize that I won't remain that way for long.

Through recent losses in my life, I've come to realize that I'm stronger than I thought. The blessings in my life have also crystalized for me: I have a family who loves me and friends who support me; my children are thriving; and, I still have desire--desire to become more, not only for those that count on me, but for myself.

So, although I've had a few doors close in my life recently, I'm not worried. I've gotten pretty good at climbing through windows!

“Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.”

                      ~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: