You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Vroooooom, Vroooooom!

I'm not sure how it is for people in other states, but for a lot of people in Alabama, NASCAR is a pretty big deal. It ranks right under football, which, of course, is a religion.

In two weeks, NASCAR will be hitting the state at Talladega Superspeedway.  Now, I've been to two races, and both were fairly entertaining. To be honest, I really wouldn't care that much except for my friend who works in NASCAR. 

Having a friend that I can watch for on t.v. and root for, THAT makes it exciting for me.  And being guaranteed to see my friend live and in person at least twice a year, that makes me REALLY excited!

So, I am officially counting down now. Eight days until I get to see my friend!!! I'm so excited!!!!

“True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island..to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.”



                                              ~Baltasar Gracian

No comments: