You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Friday, October 15, 2010

Nightmares and Monsters

As I posted yesterday, I'm not really good at going to bed at night. So, when I do finally get to sleep, it really upsets me when I have a nightmare.

I woke from a nightmare this morning. It's wasn't what one would consider a "normal" nightmare. I wasn't being pursued by a three-headed monster or falling off of a cliff. It was worse than that.

In my nightmare, a person got pregnant, another person didn't want to talk to me ever again, and there was overall chaos in my life. (Granted, the chaos might have been a normal backdrop to my mind.) I woke up devastated.

I guess I had a grown-up nightmare. For me, the ending of a precious relationship is much worse than any ax murderer chasing me. My "monsters" are the every day occurrences that could take place but I pray will not.

As I sit here and type this, I'm trying to shake the feeling of dread and keep telling myself that it was only a dream.  Maybe it will help soon.

No comments: