You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Monday, October 4, 2010

Magic Wand

I have often jokingly stated that I wished I had a magic wand. Well, okay, maybe not so jokingly.

Sometimes I have wished for a wand for selfish reasons--a million dollars to blow on whatever, a clean house with no effort, or the ability to eat all the chocolate I want with no subsequent weight gain. Other times, I've wanted to use the wand for more altruistic reasons--mainly to take away some kind of pain.

I wish I had a magic wand tonight. One of my closest friend's and her family are going through the pain of slowly losing a beloved family member. It hurts to see the pain on my friend's face or hear it in her voice and be unable to do anything to make it better.

So, I'll pray for my friend, her family and her loved one. I'll pray for peace to envelope them all and for wisdom to know how to help them through this terrible time. And, for at least one more time, I'll pray for that magic wand.

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. (Psalms 30:5)

No comments: