You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hugs

I love hugging. It's a wonderful, terrific, magnificent, amazing way to show someone that you care, you love, you desire, you want them.

I believe my Granny solidified my belief in hugs. She told me that every person needs 12 hugs per day. Well, since that time, I've made it my mission to make sure that everyone reaches their quota.

Of course, there are days when I feel that there is just not enough time to hug and hold the ones I love. And there are days when I long to hug those who are no longer in my life, wanting to feel and give one last long squeeze. But, since that isn't possible, I'll make up for those lost hugs by engaging in new ones!

So, please be forewarned: I WILL end up hugging you at some point in time. I need to make sure you reach your quota.

“I will not play tug o' war. I'd rather play hug o' war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs, Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug, Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles, and everyone wins.”



                                        ~Shel Silverstein

No comments: