You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Saturday, August 28, 2010

An Adventure

Okay, I just need to state that I am probably one of the luckiest women in the world in terms of my friends. 

My BFF, Hannah, is always there for me. Has been for years. She says we've always had a love-hate relationship with each other, but I'm pretty sure we are in a pure love phase at this point.  (Not in the way most men we've met have hoped, though, just to clarify.)  She's been there for me during babies, surgeries, good romances, bad romances--you name it. She's been there.

I needed her yesterday when I was in a poor, poor pitiful me mode. And she was. Not once did she tell me to stop whining. She just laid out the facts and gave me encouragement.  It was like her telling me my butt looks big in a pair of pants. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but glad she told me anyway.

That's what friends do. Tell you the truth no matter what. REALLY good friends do so when wine and/ or chocolate is available!

Thank you, Hannah, for reminding me that it is all an adventure!

No comments: