You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Habits

I read or heard somewhere a long time ago that it takes 21 days to form a habit but over six months to break one. I would like to state right here and now that this statement is flawed due to the broad generalization regarding habits.

I can form some habits in approximately two days. Drinking a milkshake after supper, taking a long nap in the afternoon and lounging on the beach on a sunny afternoon. I got this!

Also, there are a few habits I can quickly rid myself of with no problem. Exercising daily, packing a sack lunch and doing housework instead of watching a "NCIS" episode to name a few.

This is my way of saying I've fallen FAR off the training schedule. I'll save you all the excuses, as, basically, they all fall under the umbrella of being a working mom with two school age kids. 

So, tomorrow, I will again try to form the walking habit. Because, as a famous Scarlett once said,

"After all ... tomorrow is another day."

No comments: