You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Thursday, August 12, 2010

Life

Have you ever noticed how you can have some "perfect" plans, but the plans never ends up perfect?

For instance, I THINK I walked about 2 miles today. I THINK because I decided I had the "perfect" plan to multi-task my time tonight, which, needless to say, wasn't so perfect.

Both of my children are playing a sport this fall, and they have practice several times a week. Both teams have been practicing for approximately 2 hours every practice. Me, in all my brilliance, decided I would walk during this two hour window.

Since the temperature had decided to dip to a mild 93 degrees, I decided to walk outside through my neighborhood. My neighborhood is fairly large, and I was at the furthest most point from my house when I received a phone call from my daughter saying that practice had been dismissed an hour early.  So, what I lacked in miles tonight, I made up for with intense cardio.

Although no big deal (since my daughter has a super sweet coach!), I had to laugh--right after my heart stopped beating from the huge dump of adrenaline.  I had to laugh, because I know better than to make "perfect" plans. There is no such thing.  And even if there was, Murphy's Law, God's sense of humor, or our own ability to screw things up would sabotage us.  That's life.

Life isn't perfect. Far from it. It's extremely messy and complicated and even icky at times. But, in all the mess and complications, there is beauty and love and and laughter and hope. Lots of hope.

The pain passes. The beauty remains.
                                           --Auguste Renoir

No comments: