You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Feeling Old

Nothing makes me feel older than a birthday. Not my own.  Another year may have passed, but I still feel 25, just with a whole bunch of wisdom and debt.  It's the birthdays of my kids or the kids I once babysat or the kid's of the kid's I once babysat that make me feel ancient.


The person who had the audacity to make me feel old by having a birthday today is my wonderful, fantastic, amazing son! He turned 11 today, which, by the way, is some sort of freak of nature, because he was JUST a baby about two seconds ago. I swear! (Now, my son will tell you that it has taken him 32 years to get to 11, but we all know that is a bit of an exaggeration on his part.)

Here's the thing: If my son continues to grow and mature as he is now, I'll gladly accept feeling old every day of the week. I'm so very proud of the young man he is becoming!

Happy Birthday Bubba!


You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes.
                                                    ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.

No comments: