You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Friday, August 27, 2010

Sleep...and Other Things I Don't Get Nearly Enough Of

I need my sleep. I admit it. If I don't, I get grouchy and moody and you DON'T want to be around me.  But, as is the case most days, I don't get enough sleep.  So, to compensate, I make sure I get plenty of coffee.

But, as I rushed around after oversleeping for the fourth day in a row (I swear, at least part of it is my alarm clock's fault!), I started thinking about other things I don't get enough of in my life--mainly because these are the things I could never get enough of!

I don't get enough chocolate. In an attempt to stay healthy and under the 300 pound mark on the scale, I try not to eat as much chocolate as I would like. 

I don't get enough bear hugs. Especially the long, squishy, can-feel-the-heartbeat type.

I don't get enough, "Mom, your the greatest mom EVER!" from my son. Who could get enough of that?

I don't get enough sleepy smiles from my daughter as I wake her up in the mornings. There isn't anything more beautiful!

I don't get enough girls' nights out with my friends, where you laugh even when you are determined to cry!

I don't get enough time in the day to tell all those I love how very much I love and appreciate them. So, I'll do it now in the hope a few of you read this today.

Thank you to those who love and support me through the good and the bad, through laughter and tears, through parties and pity-parties. I love and appreciate you!


“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”

No comments: